Once Upon a Time in the Vest

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vol. 1 No. 24 More views of June 1956

From: Ernie Cunliffe

Pete Brown is one of the two I send the T & F News synopsis to. He found a good SI article with AAU results and pre Olympic Trials
for the 1956 era.

From: pbrown
To: ernie_
I was at the AAU in Bakersfield and O Trials in Coliseum. The Dumas 7 footer was one for the ages. Tom Courtney was my hero and I had forgotten about his 45.8 in AAU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1132039/1/index.htm Check this out.

Peter G. Brown


-----Original Message-----
From: ernie cunliffe [
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:11 PM
To: Pete Brown; Dennis Kavenough
Subject: FW: June '56 Track and Field News synopsis

I went to this meet and did see Dumas jumping over 7'

No comments:

V 14 N. 19 Query on Dave and Don Styron

 Asking any of you who read this blog if you know if Dave and Don Styron who ran at  NE Louisiana and Southern Illinois in the early 1960...